Panasonic RR DR60 IC Recorder

Any equipment will be posted and discussed here.

Site Admin

Post by kentpara » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Panasonic RR DR60 IC Recorder

Article on the very popular Digital Recorder Panasonic RR-DR60, and why we shouldn't use it in EVP recording.

The RR-DR60 was the first of its kind for Panasonic at the time; the legend goes that customers were returning the recorder as they were finding “voices” in the sound tracks that they had not
recorded. The EVP community at the time got a “whiff” of this and began using them for recording; subsequently they became labeled as “the most highly effective recorder for capturing EVPs.”
Please Note; these are once again gaining popularity and worse still they are advertised anywhere from $600 to $1000 each due to this incorrect information. I have also noted some Paranormal
Investigation Teams are only recording with these recorders, no other models!
This is a low quality inferior recorder; they do not “capture” voices but actually manufacture and distort noise to sound like voice. These are just two comments that I found in a review of these
recorders that are very suspect to say the least; "Inexplicable voices seem to come through on this recorder in abundance”
Anomalous speech is not an abundant phenomenon, if this was true we would all know a lot more about it? This is a very misinformed statement based on using incorrect and inferior recording
mediums coupled with poor knowledge base. I hear this all too often, and when I investigate it is only people using inferior recorders or software “enhancing” that claim to record “voices” in
abundance. Unfortunately, on analysis this is misinterpreted noise with “voice like characteristics”

Return to “Paranormal Research Equipment”